ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Idea For A Reddit Reader

(1/3) > >>

y0himba:
I am a fan of Reddit, but I am overwhelmed by it's horrible web interface. My idea: organize it in an interface similar to Windows File Explorer.  Reddit is the root, each sub-reddit is a folder in the tree, a directory, each post a file.

\Reddit
    \sub-reddit
         \post

The program (reader) could have a preview pane, like Explorer, for media such as photos and videos.  It would also have a "Favorites" or "Shortcuts" section for subscribed Reddits. Possibly even a download function, although that may be questionable.

Simple, clean, easy to navigate, with a nighttime theme of light text on a dark background, or just follow Windows.

I would sacrifice a beer to Dionysus for this.

Renegade:
At a glance:

https://www.reddit.com/dev/api

It looks more than doable.

y0himba:
Really?!  I am honestly excited about this.  "Reddit Explorer". Tree view in the left frame, article in the right frame, media from the post in the bottom right frame, like Windows Explorer. 

mouser:
This is intriguing.. But are there existing Reddit reading clients out there already? That would be the first thing to look into.  I'm curious to know the answer.

y0himba:
Three are plenty, but not with this interface. My feeling is that with a familiar Windows Explorer interface it will be easier to read Reddit in a new way.

There is nothing like this as far as Reddit readers go, that I have found.  This would be unique, and I think popular.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version