ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The joy of seeing a first time forum poster

<< < (4/6) > >>

Shades:
@6DecadesOld:
...I'll bet that is actually a "W" slightly tilted on the left side, right? 
-6DecadesOld (March 08, 2017, 04:25 AM)
--- End quote ---
From my perspective, I think the answer to your question might depend on how many shots of whisky one has had.
-IainB (March 08, 2017, 06:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Or how you fell from the bar stool...  :P

6DecadesOld:
The problem is that I have always considered the writing of the letter as a double-V and not as a double-U, but I am not from Denmark or a couple of those other countries in that area.

By the way, Shades, that idea there about falling off of a bar stool prompted me to think for a moment and I do not ever recall falling off a bar stool and it hit me that those that do are safer than those that don't.

Now you are probably wondering what in the heck am I on about, right?

Well, I think there are two sorts of drinkers -- those that easily get drunk and stumble all over the place -- or fall off bar stools -- after 6 or 7 beers or so or the same regarding shots of hard drinking stuff ..... THEN there are those, like me, that can just drink on and on and on and appear to be okay until the very end when BAM -- I either make it back home and fall into bed, or I find some corner and pass out.  I'm not really the stumbling kind, and that ain't no good.

Of course, with age I have drastically reduced the drinking business and almost never get into it now.  If I do I am usually careful about how much I consume.  Just have to do that when you are older and wish to make it to 100.

But I do remember some earlier days and sometimes when I was on active duty I remember some of us going on for an entire weekend and I don't think that was too good for myself or my friends.  But when some folks are younger they can be mighty stupid about some things and on that one I had a few mighty stupid moments.  That's one reason it is always good to cultivate friendships in the local law enforcement ranks.

IainB:
Just captured this by @gamezntoyz from: Re: How to make a local copy of an ancient Web forum?

Carl Stone:

Hey guys,

Carl Stone here from South Roxana, Illinois here in the United States.
I recently downloaded the Find and Run Robot and found it to be a very
intuitive software tool for quickly finding and running specific programs.

:Thmbsup:

mouser:
Hi Carl, welcome to the site  :Thmbsup:
(I'm in Champaign IL by the way).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version