ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Laptop tray - for your lap [Recommendations?]

<< < (2/6) > >>

tomos:
I use this one with my 14" laptop: Fellowes Portable Laptop Riser GoRiser Notebook stand.

It's plastic, so it's OK to use in the summer, and it folds, which makes it portable.
-dr_andus (June 27, 2015, 04:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

thanks dr_andus, I'm considering this one

dr_andus:
When you first unpack it, it's a bit puzzling until you fold it into shape. My first impression was that it's going to be flimsy, as the "feet" are made of this thinner plastic which makes the riser a bit bouncy, and also it's held together by a leather strip. But I ended up liking the bounce, as it works as a kind of a 'suspension' mechanism.

I've been using it daily for about a year and a half and it's holding up well. I'm using it with an HP Chromebook 14, and there is still over 1cm left on both sides. I don't have the sliding problem some of the reviewers referred to, as the HP has 4 big rubber feet that keep it stable.

wraith808:
I use this side tray... not sure if it would be good for your purposes, but it might.

http://www.staples.com/Jesper-Office-Adjustable-Laptop-and-Reading-Table-Black/product_WYF078275398126

I like having the laptop unattached to my lap, and being able to adjust it.

tomos:
I'm using it with an HP Chromebook 14, and there is still over 1cm left on both sides. I don't have the sliding problem some of the reviewers referred to, as the HP has 4 big rubber feet that keep it stable.
-dr_andus (June 28, 2015, 10:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

thanks,
of course I forgot to mention the size of the laptop :-[ - it's 15.6"
This officially supports up to 15.4" :-/
There's about 5mm on either side - but the feet of the laptop are in a bit, so it might be okay - I'll think about it again a bit.

& thanks wraith - will look for equivalent here.

dr_andus:
Check the Amazon reviews, there is one user who is happily using it with a 15.6" laptop.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version