ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Be prepared against ransomware viruses..

<< < (12/15) > >>

x16wda:
I have the paid version of cryptoprevent
-holt (April 25, 2016, 12:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Me too. Family pack, on everyone's PC.

That said I've installed the free version on a number of, shall we say, "historically proven at risk users", thinking that any help at all these types can get is good. :-)

mouser:
"historically proven at risk users"
--- End quote ---
;D

CWuestefeld:
CryptoPrevent has grown into a robust solution, providing protection against a wide range of ransomware and other malware.
-holt (April 25, 2016, 12:56 AM)
--- End quote ---
Interesting. I tried (and paid for!) WinAntiRansom, but am completely underwhelmed by it - since it only protects a single directory tree, it's not very useful for how I use my system. But I can't find any real info on CryptoPrevent to determine if it would be any better. Anybody have a link to more details?

mwb1100:
But I can't find any real info on CryptoPrevent to determine if it would be any better.
-CWuestefeld (April 25, 2016, 01:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

I also have a hard time understanding how the product works or exactly what it does from reading the website.

x16wda:
The basics of what it does is prevent things from running from strange places - like temp folders, etc - and also prevents some sensitive utilities (like vssadmin that could delete all your shadow copies) from running. The pay-for add-on is I think a signature service but I'm not completely clear on exactly what it does - it likely has known-good and known-bad lists. In an enterprise you could do a lot of this with group policy and file server management tools, but CryptoPrevent is more flexible and quick to manage if need be, and it works fine on non-domain-joined computers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version