ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Be prepared against ransomware viruses..

<< < (8/15) > >>

wraith808:
Reading your messages I get perplexed. You talk about things that already exist for many years.
-Giampy (June 29, 2015, 03:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Are you talking about the thread in general?  It was a reminder for those that may have been getting slack with their restoration plan.

Giampy:
Mine was an observation only. No sarcasm behind it. Continue serenely your discussion.

hverne:
Another good tip - do NOT run as an administrator.  Set up another Admin account and delete privileges from your account.
Then, when you get a UAC popup, you will have to enter the admin PW rather than just hitting enter.

MerleOne:
I found this :
http://easysyncbackup.com/newsite/CryptoMonitorDetails, free currently (until the newest version is released).  Of course when the PC is already under attack it's too late.  Did not try it yet.

4wd:
The conspiracy theorists among us would put forward that the new commercial tools available to specifically prevent Cryptoware were written by the people that created it in the first place.

Constant revenue stream and big panic extortion payoffs - win-win situation  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version