topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 2:41 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: capture whole window, including the part that's not visible  (Read 3334 times)

aparente001

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I need to capture the whole active window, including the part that's not visible.  I looked at the hotkey preferences, and thought that "active window" would do it, but it cut off the non-visible part.  Thanks in advance.  I love screenshot captor.

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: capture whole window, including the part that's not visible
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 12:50 PM »
You need to experiment with "Scrolling Capture."
FWIW though, I would love a feature whereby SSC could force a particular window to a certain size, then capture the whole thing (even the "off-screen" parts).  :-*

aparente001

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 02:44 PM »
Thank you.  Where would I find that?

I'm using version 3.18.0.  Do I need to update?  I'm generally conservative about updating, because I don't like spending time finding my way around a rearranged grocery store (so to speak).

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 03:14 PM »
hi aparente001,
I'm presuming you mean scroll the contents of a window and take a screenshot of the whole lot:

Some relevant video here (first one is something else, but the following ones are on topic):
https://www.donation...ndex.php?topic=29821

And I would recommend updating SC as the scrolling capture has been upgraded not so long ago - there's no an option to scroll manually. I *think* the UI hasnt been changed much lately - if at all, so should not be a problem.
Tom