ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Basic Calculator

<< < (4/4)

wraith808:
Easiest way... change your thinking.

Use a standard window frame.  Reserve a few pixels on the edges.  Color that the dominant color in your image.  Lay the image on top.  Ta da!

Stoic Joker:
Easiest way... change your thinking.-wraith808 (September 07, 2015, 07:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Good lord man, I'm far too old for that! :D

Use a standard window frame.  Reserve a few pixels on the edges.  Color that the dominant color in your image.  Lay the image on top.  Ta da!-wraith808 (September 07, 2015, 07:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

But seriously, I get what you're saying...(I think)... but that would solve the wrong issue. Because the standard window frame will still have square corners. Tao was suggesting I take a stab at doing something with round corners...and/or a more irregular shape.

And this is how I got in a fight with the jagged edges monster. With WPF I can just use a transparent PNG, toss it on the app window and all is dandy. But with a Windows Forms application (which I'm actually using), there isn't a provision for making the transparent color the already transparent part. It insists on having a particular color to ignore, and as soon as I do that I get jagged edges, leftover remnants of the trans color, or both ... making the aesthetic rather poo.

Here's a SS of the two options, Bottom is using WPF and XAML (EEK! The horror), and the top is (ugly) using the Windows Forms App mostly transparent-ish-ness..

wraith808:
Oh!  I thought you were trying to make it so the edges don't drop off.  For rounded windows, it's a lot easier (and harder).

First, set the following properties in the XAML:

--- Code: C# ---WindowStyle="None"AllowsTransparency="True"Background="Transparent"
Then add a border around your content.  The default is <grid></grid>.  Add around that <border></border>.  Then set the CornerRadius and the Padding.  Note that the corner radius and padding are for all sides if you set them to one number.  Otherwise, it uses the non intuitive Left, Top, Right, Bottom format, i.e. CornerRadius="8,8,8,8" is the same as CornerRadius="8".  Also, don't forget to set the FocusVisualStyle="{x:Null}" so that when the actual border is set to focused, it doesn't show the whole window as the focus rectangle.

Example from one of my projects that shows a dialog with an area for the X replacement and the buttons:

--- Code: C# ---<base:NextGenesView x:Class="Modules.Shell.ViewsAndViewModels.MessageOverlay.MessageOverlayView"             xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"             xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"             xmlns:mc="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/markup-compatibility/2006"              xmlns:d="http://schemas.microsoft.com/expression/blend/2008"              xmlns:aero="clr-namespace:Microsoft.Windows.Themes;assembly=PresentationFramework.Aero"             mc:Ignorable="d"              Focusable="True" FocusVisualStyle="{x:Null}">     <base:NextGenesView.Resources>        <Style TargetType="{x:Type Button}">            <Setter Property="BorderBrush" Value="Gray" />            <Setter Property="BorderThickness" Value="2" />            <Setter Property="Width" Value="44" />            <Setter Property="FontWeight" Value="DemiBold" />            <Setter Property="Cursor" Value="Hand" />        </Style>         <Style x:Key="NoChromeButton" TargetType="{x:Type Button}">            <Setter Property="Background" Value="Transparent"/>            <Setter Property="BorderThickness" Value="1"/>            <Setter Property="Foreground" Value="{DynamicResource {x:Static SystemColors.ControlTextBrushKey}}"/>            <Setter Property="HorizontalContentAlignment" Value="Center"/>            <Setter Property="VerticalContentAlignment" Value="Center"/>            <Setter Property="Padding" Value="1"/>            <Setter Property="Template">                <Setter.Value>                    <ControlTemplate TargetType="{x:Type Button}">                        <Grid x:Name="Chrome" Background="{TemplateBinding Background}" SnapsToDevicePixels="true">                            <ContentPresenter HorizontalAlignment="{TemplateBinding HorizontalContentAlignment}" Margin="{TemplateBinding Padding}" RecognizesAccessKey="True" SnapsToDevicePixels="{TemplateBinding SnapsToDevicePixels}" VerticalAlignment="{TemplateBinding VerticalContentAlignment}"/>                        </Grid>                        <ControlTemplate.Triggers>                            <Trigger Property="IsEnabled" Value="false">                                <Setter Property="Foreground" Value="#ADADAD"/>                                <Setter Property="Opacity" TargetName="Chrome" Value="0.5"/>                            </Trigger>                        </ControlTemplate.Triggers>                    </ControlTemplate>                </Setter.Value>            </Setter>        </Style>         <Style x:Key="MessageIcon" TargetType="{x:Type Image}">            <Style.Triggers>                <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding Icon}" Value="None">                    <Setter Property="Visibility" Value="Collapsed" />                </DataTrigger>                <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding Icon}" Value="Asterisk">                    <Setter Property="Source" Value="..\ButtonIcons\Asterisk.png" />                </DataTrigger>                <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding Icon}" Value="Error">                    <Setter Property="Source" Value="..\ButtonIcons\Error.png" />                </DataTrigger>                <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding Icon}" Value="Exclamation">                    <Setter Property="Source" Value="..\ButtonIcons\Exclamation.png" />                </DataTrigger>                <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding Icon}" Value="Hand">                    <Setter Property="Source" Value="..\ButtonIcons\Hand.png" />                </DataTrigger>                <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding Icon}" Value="Information">                    <Setter Property="Source" Value="..\ButtonIcons\Information.png" />                </DataTrigger>                <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding Icon}" Value="Question">                    <Setter Property="Source" Value="..\ButtonIcons\Question.png" />                </DataTrigger>                <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding Icon}" Value="Stop">                    <Setter Property="Source" Value="..\ButtonIcons\Hand.png" />                </DataTrigger>                <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding Icon}" Value="Warning">                    <Setter Property="Source" Value="..\ButtonIcons\Exclamation.png" />                </DataTrigger>                <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding Icon}" Value="MrSmith">                    <Setter Property="Source" Value="..\ButtonIcons\MrSmith.png" />                </DataTrigger>            </Style.Triggers>        </Style>    </base:NextGenesView.Resources>     <base:NextGenesView.InputBindings>        <KeyBinding Command="{Binding DefaultGoCommand}" Key="Enter" />        <KeyBinding Command="{Binding DefaultNoGoCommand}" Key="Escape" />    </base:NextGenesView.InputBindings>         <aero:SystemDropShadowChrome CornerRadius="20,5,20,5" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Center">            <Border Margin="6,6,0,0" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Center" BorderBrush="Black" BorderThickness="2,2,2,2" CornerRadius="20,5,20,5" Background="Wheat">                <Grid FocusManager.FocusedElement="{Binding ElementName=CloseX}" Focusable="True">                    <Grid.ColumnDefinitions>                        <ColumnDefinition></ColumnDefinition>                        <ColumnDefinition></ColumnDefinition>                    </Grid.ColumnDefinitions>                    <Image Grid.Column="0" VerticalAlignment="Top"  Margin="12,6,0,0"  Height="48" Width="48" Style="{StaticResource MessageIcon}"></Image>                    <DockPanel Grid.Column="1" Margin="15,0,5,0"  HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Center">                        <DockPanel DockPanel.Dock="Top" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Margin="0,0,0,10">                            <Button Command="{Binding Path=DefaultNoGoCommand}" Style="{StaticResource NoChromeButton}" DockPanel.Dock="Right" Height="18" Width="18">                                <Image Name="CloseX" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Center"                                    Height="16" Width="16" Source="..\ButtonIcons\close.png" Focusable="True" Cursor="Hand">                                </Image>                            </Button>                            <Label DockPanel.Dock="Left" FontWeight="SemiBold" FontSize="16" Content="{Binding Caption}"/>                        </DockPanel>                        <StackPanel HorizontalAlignment="Right" DockPanel.Dock="Bottom" Orientation="Horizontal" Height="26" Margin="0,10,15,10">                            <Button Margin="5,0,0,0" Command="{Binding Path=YesCommand}" Content="_Yes" Visibility="{Binding YesButtonVisibility}"></Button>                            <Button Margin="5,0,0,0" Command="{Binding Path=NoCommand}" Content="_No" Visibility="{Binding NoButtonVisibility}"></Button>                            <Button Margin="5,0,0,0" Command="{Binding Path=OkCommand}" Content="OK" Visibility="{Binding OkButtonVisibility}"></Button>                            <Button Margin="5,0,0,0" Command="{Binding Path=CancelCommand}" Content="Cancel" Visibility="{Binding CancelButtonVisibility}"></Button>                        </StackPanel>                    <ScrollViewer MaxHeight="400" MaxWidth="425" HorizontalScrollBarVisibility="Disabled" VerticalScrollBarVisibility="Auto">                        <TextBox TextWrapping="Wrap" Text="{Binding MessageText}" Background="Wheat" BorderThickness="0" IsReadOnly="True">                                                    </TextBox>                    </ScrollViewer>                </DockPanel>                </Grid>            </Border>        </aero:SystemDropShadowChrome> </base:NextGenesView>
Note: I redacted some stuff in there, so it will need some adjustments if you try to use that code.

Other examples:
http://www.ayobamiadewole.com/Blog/How-to-create-shaped-or-irregular-window-in-WPF
https://csharplessons.wordpress.com/2012/06/03/wpf-rounded-corner-window/

If you're trying to alias an image for the page... well, the image itself needs to be made for that.  And you have to use an opacity mask.

But I see now, you're using Windows Forms.  Sorry... You're on your own at that point.  :P

Stoic Joker:
But I see now, you're using Windows Forms.  Sorry... You're on your own at that point. 
-wraith808 (September 08, 2015, 03:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

LOL ... Thanks for trying. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version