ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Bing moving to encrypt search traffic

<< < (2/3) > >>

Innuendo:
Does anyone have an actual referrer string?-TaoPhoenix (June 20, 2015, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'd be very surprised if it's anything more than the standard referrer string that informs a web site what web site the visitor is coming from that has been around for eons.

Stoic Joker:
Does anyone have an actual referrer string?-TaoPhoenix (June 20, 2015, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'd be very surprised if it's anything more than the standard referrer string that informs a web site what web site the visitor is coming from that has been around for eons.-Innuendo (June 20, 2015, 03:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

And it's quite possible that you're right. The problem is that they passed up the chance to just say that in plain English, choosing instead to dance around the specifics ... And that - These days - throws up a flag.

rgdot:
If you do a Bing search for nipple clamps and select a site from the results, what's passed on to the site is a referrer letting the site owner that you came via Bing. However, what search terms you used to get there are not disclosed. The site owner can use Bing's query tools and discover that 17 people did search for nipple clamps before visiting their site, but nothing that personally identifies you will be disclosed.
-Innuendo (June 20, 2015, 10:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

That wouldn't be a new thing, as far as Google Analytics go

Innuendo:
And it's quite possible that you're right. The problem is that they passed up the chance to just say that in plain English, choosing instead to dance around the specifics ... And that - These days - throws up a flag.-Stoic Joker (June 21, 2015, 07:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think, more specifically, these days everything has to go through the marketing department where they sprinkle technical announcements with their special blend of buzz words and obfuscation that blurs the original, intended version of an announcement.

Stoic Joker:
And it's quite possible that you're right. The problem is that they passed up the chance to just say that in plain English, choosing instead to dance around the specifics ... And that - These days - throws up a flag.-Stoic Joker (June 21, 2015, 07:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think, more specifically, these days everything has to go through the marketing department where they sprinkle technical announcements with their special blend of buzz words and obfuscation that blurs the original, intended version of an announcement.-Innuendo (June 21, 2015, 12:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Understood. I just think these Prancing Nancys desperately need to be boiled in their own juices for not using Plain English on critical pieces of information. Any attempting to sell me on a technology, without the clear technical details...is an excruciatingly bad idea. IRL I am notoriously brutal with vendors that wish/desire/make the mistake of playing word games. If you want my money...you better be crystal GD clear about what is to happen/be delivered or you will rue the day we met.. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version