ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Nifty FREE Utility to do almost anything to a filename in Windows

<< < (4/5) > >>

MilesAhead:
Legacy coding will probably always be lurkng in the corners of every super-program for many years to come
-questorfla (June 22, 2015, 10:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can see future Archeologists with a big find.  The IBM PC.  After intensive study they figured out the basic functioning of the device.  But scientists are still puzzled as to the purpose of the "InDos Flag."   ;)

myarmor:
Another program allowing you to do just about anything to a filename is PFrank.
It allows you to chain together search&replace regexes, commands, etc which are all applied sequentially to each filename.
It isn't really userfriendly (soo many options++), but it is quite good.

Just make sure you install the correct version (separate versions for XP and earlier, and Vista/W7+).
The latter still uses virtualstore (iow, the program tries to save in its own folder), so it isn't perfect but.

Loonier:
Tried http://www.1-4a.com just now, without success.

TomD101:
Hello all,
having tested only one or two of the myriad of file renamers on the web: I found Lupas Rename 2000 (last updated in 2005) around 2002 and have used it ever since. I haven't encountered a task it was not able to perform (well, apart from, maybe, impossible characters - did not test that).
http://rename.lupasfreeware.org/
Free, tiny, VERY capable and working with anything up to W8 - don't have W10 yet, but I am sure, it will work there, too.
Best
Thomas
Berlin, Germany

mrpeach:
Very cool! I have used Bulk Rename Utility for this sort of thing, but I am always glad to find another!
-x16wda (June 17, 2015, 06:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Here's another vote for Bulk Rename Utility! I use it almost every day. Just started to get into regular expression renaming, which blew my little mind.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version