ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Wise Care 365 Pro [free]

<< < (2/3) > >>

MilesAhead:
^^  I have tried the Registry Cleaner and Disk Cleaner but I am still working up the nerve for Registry Defrag.  :)  I just took this quickie computer repair class.  The teacher goes on call fixing people's PCs.  He has a list on his page of freeware for AV, disk clean, disk defrag and registry clean and defrag.  I guess he does believe in Registry Defrag.  I suspect many of his customers are people who just switch on Windows and use it.  So the system never gets cleaned/defragged until it chokes or they get a virus.

I think I got Restore Points working on the Laptop.  But I will wait until I know I can sit in the library for 4 or 5 hours in case I have to fix it up after the defrag.  I hate messing with a system when pressed for time.

If it works as well as the Registry Cleaner I should be fine though.

Curt:
one can of course go straight to http://www.wisecleaner.eu/giveaway-computerbild.html (Google Translator button "Select Language" available)

On my brand new Win 10, the 365 program said I had 7665 errors...
Luckily one can uncheck "Start with Windows" etcetera, or even uninstall the thing - easy come, easy go.

MilesAhead:
one can of course go straight to http://www.wisecleaner.eu/giveaway-computerbild.html (Google Translator button "Select Language" available)

On my brand new Win 10, the 365 program said I had 7665 errors...
Luckily one can uncheck "Start with Windows" etcetera, or even uninstall the thing - easy come, easy go.

-Curt (August 08, 2015, 03:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

I never let those suites just run.  The last time I tried that was 360 security.  It seemed good for about a week.

I bring it up manually and run one tool.  I got this Pro just in case there was some good feature.  But so far the free disk clean and registry clean seem to have enough stuff going on for my taste.

Going through the giveaway site if the download does not work, you have a place to post a comment and they fix it.  That is what happened to me last time.

Curt:
hmm... is there even a sort of "Recovery" here on Win 10? Can I roll back to before 365? That thing really ruined a lot :-(

Curt:
I couldn't find the panick button, but realized that Windows was updating (a quite big update, it seemed) at the same time 365 was changing the settings. Maybe that is why everything suddenly began flying here there and everywhere on my desktop. I waited for the update to finish + two restarts, and now everything is okay again!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version