ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

LastPass alternatives with two-factor authentication? (including premium LP)

<< < (7/12) > >>

Jibz:
I'm currently using Enpass (www.enpass.io)
-40hz (August 25, 2015, 12:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't tried it (was a bit surprised by having to enter an email and a captcha for a free download), but a quick google suggests it is a password database that does not offer auto-fill like LastPass and others, is this still the case?

Deozaan:
I'm currently using Enpass (www.enpass.io)
-40hz (August 25, 2015, 12:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't tried it (was a bit surprised by having to enter an email and a captcha for a free download), but a quick google suggests it is a password database that does not offer auto-fill like LastPass and others, is this still the case?-Jibz (August 25, 2015, 05:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

I took the liberty of using a mailinator address to get the download: http://mailinator.com/inbox.jsp?to=enpass

It does offer auto-fill on mobile devices (at least Android) if you use the built-in Enpass browser, but I don't see any sort of browser extension that would do something similar on PCs/Laptops.

I'm liking Enpass thus far. Thanks 40hz!

wraith808:
Thanks Deo, for that information.  Without a browser extension, I won't be trying it.  I use mine a lot to have my passwords available to my wife, and she's not really technical.

Deozaan:
Thanks Deo, for that information.  Without a browser extension, I won't be trying it.  I use mine a lot to have my passwords available to my wife, and she's not really technical.
-wraith808 (August 25, 2015, 09:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

It can import from LastPass. So you can continue to use LastPass in your browser on your desktop, and just use Enpass on your mobile device, if you'd like.

LastPass is $12/year on mobile. Enpass is a one-time $10 purchase.

wraith808:
Thanks Deo, for that information.  Without a browser extension, I won't be trying it.  I use mine a lot to have my passwords available to my wife, and she's not really technical.
-wraith808 (August 25, 2015, 09:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

It can import from LastPass. So you can continue to use LastPass in your browser on your desktop, and just use Enpass on your mobile device, if you'd like.

LastPass is $12/year on mobile. Enpass is a one-time $10 purchase.
-Deozaan (August 25, 2015, 10:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Why would I do that?  Seems like two vectors instead of just one.  And two places to keep passwords updated, unless I continually import.  And no way to go back from an update in Enpass to Lasspass.  But thanks for the suggestion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version