ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

LastPass alternatives with two-factor authentication? (including premium LP)

<< < (6/12) > >>

tomos:
I'm currently using Enpass (www.enpass.io)-40hz (August 25, 2015, 12:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

are you using that with any kind of two-factor authentication?

Edit// I took the liberty of changing the thread title to "LastPass alternatives with two-factor authentication? (including premium LP)"

rjbull:
I wrote to LastPass support about this and they said it was for their stupid LastPass browser that is also built into the app. I told them the browser was superfluous and that they should separate it into another app if they wanted to include that functionality, because all I wanted from them was to be able to store and retrieve my passwords. They didn't really respond to that.-Deozaan (August 25, 2015, 11:28 AM)
--- End quote ---
Isn't the problem that Google won't allow extensions to be added to any Android browser by a third party, so the only way to make logins seamless is for the password program's authors make their own browser with the functionality built in?  At least, that's what I thought from reading Sticky Password's information.

Every so often, the browser extension's auto-form-fill functionality stops working on sites where it has worked for months (or years). The only way I've found to get it to start working again is to delete the "site" and create it again.-Deozaan (August 25, 2015, 11:28 AM)
--- End quote ---
I have a vaguely similar problem.  I usually use Sticky Password's floating window.  Occasionally it won't work with Opera for Android.  This appears to be Opera's problem, not SP's, as I also run Clipper+ and find that SP has sent the relevant information to the clipboard.  In other words, Opera temporarily won't accept a paste.  Rebooting doesn't always clear the problem.  However, I also have UC Browser HD as well as Sticky Password's own Sticky Browser, so one or other should work (I hope).

Is there anything out there that provides the convenience of LastPass (secure cloud storage/retrieval) for Android without any of the extra crap?-Deozaan (August 25, 2015, 11:28 AM)
--- End quote ---
You'd probably feel SP has too much fluff and horsefeathers as well :)  But you don't have to actually use all of it.

wraith808:
I wrote to LastPass support about this and they said it was for their stupid LastPass browser that is also built into the app. I told them the browser was superfluous and that they should separate it into another app if they wanted to include that functionality, because all I wanted from them was to be able to store and retrieve my passwords. They didn't really respond to that.-Deozaan (August 25, 2015, 11:28 AM)
--- End quote ---
Isn't the problem that Google won't allow extensions to be added to any Android browser by a third party, so the only way to make logins seamless is for the password program's authors make their own browser with the functionality built in?  At least, that's what I thought from reading Sticky Password's information.
-rjbull (August 25, 2015, 04:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm on iOS, and that problem hasn't presented itself- it asked me once, and I said no.  It still works fine.

40hz:
I'm currently using Enpass (www.enpass.io)-40hz (August 25, 2015, 12:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

are you using that with any kind of two-factor authentication?

Edit// I took the liberty of changing the thread title to "LastPass alternatives with two-factor authentication? (including premium LP)"
-tomos (August 25, 2015, 02:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

No. But as no user data is stored on their server (which is only used to sync between devices) would it be all that necessary? The data is encrypted by your device and remains on your device(s) so I don't see where some man-in-the-middle attempt would make any difference. All data is encrypyed and local. You wouldn't even need to decrypt in order to synchronize. It would be a little more work for the local clients  - but EnPass wouldn't need to worry or know about any of the the actual data.

Am I missing something?  :huh:

40hz:
Am I the only person in the world who just remembers all of his passwords, instead of trusting any service (be it online or offline) to store it?
-Stephen66515 (June 16, 2015, 01:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes.  :)
-MilesAhead (June 16, 2015, 02:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah. I think so too.  :P

(Although I do memorize ALL my banking access codes.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version