ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

LastPass alternatives with two-factor authentication? (including premium LP)

<< < (4/12) > >>

Deozaan:
Just keep using LastPass (with two-factor authentication). They're "doing it right."

But don't take my word for it. Steve Gibson knows a lot more about encryption and security than I do. Here what he has to say about LastPass:

Check it out starting at ~53 minutes for a basic description of the importance of long, varied passwords.

For the question of whether or not you can trust LastPass, check out ~72m44s (1:12:44).

app103:
Am I the only person in the world who just remembers all of his passwords, instead of trusting any service (be it online or offline) to store it?
-Stephen66515 (June 16, 2015, 01:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you had nearly 400 different passwords, most of which look like they were randomly generated, not all of which belong to you, do you think you could remember them all, along with other important information, like which email address was used? What about important (and often confidential) client info necessary to do your job(s)?

If all I had was a handful of simple passwords of my own to remember, it might be possible, but since I don't, I need somewhere to store them.

TaoPhoenix:
Most of my passwords are pretty complex, I've just always made a point of remembering them (Although I've always been good with remembering things like this...but useless at remembering peoples names/birthdays haha)
-Stephen66515 (June 16, 2015, 02:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

(Overheard in Stephen's home)
"Honey! You forgot our anniversary again!"
"Sorry babe, you know how it is ..."
"Well, I got an idea. I signed you up for that KeepSake Reminder service. Your username is Stevie."
"What's the password?"
"Our anniversary!"

(Stephen Facepalms!)

:P

x16wda:
An online password manager provides a certain amount of convenience, and probably enough security for most casual use.  I just don't think I would trust one with anything really critical.
-xtabber (June 16, 2015, 11:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's what I use Lastpass for. It remembers the forum passwords and fills them for me, but it also allows me to create "secure notes" that contain hints - useful only to me - about passwords for more sensitive sites (like banking).

Perry Mowbray:
I've been using mitro.co as it's free on the phone as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version