ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

WildGem 1.1

<< < (5/6) > >>

dr_andus:
Thanks Twinbee, no worries, that's way more than enough for me  :Thmbsup:

Stoic Joker:
After a few months of not even thinking about this program, I ran into a need for it yesterday. So I was basically going into a production project with it cold. To that end I found it to be one of the most intuitive programs I've ever used, as it appears to have a virtually nonexistent learning curve.

Twinbee:
So awesome to hear. Posts like yours make it all worthwhile =)

Remember what your most complex query was like? If you have any thoughts on how WildGem could be made even easier to use, let me know.

Stoic Joker:
Remember what your most complex query was like?-Twinbee (August 28, 2015, 03:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Honestly the queries used weren't that complex. It's just that RegEx is a bit of a blind spot for me, as I've never had time or the need to learn it. I know what it's for...and I knew the situation called for its usage...I just needed something to handle stumbling through the syntax so I could focus on getting the result right. And in that use case WildGem proved to be quite the gem indeed.

If you have any thoughts on how WildGem could be made even easier to use, let me know.-Twinbee (August 28, 2015, 03:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've always felt that in any project success is best achieved by knowing when to quit f***ing with it. So to that end I wouldn't change anything. ;)

Like Einstein said: Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.

Curt:
Be it documents or media files, I often find it important for me to have them ordered in "latest change" (or what the English term may be? My "Explorer" is not in English), because I really am no good at remembering file names. At the same time a file should preferably be at the "right" usual place, if I merely have made a minor change - which is what I would use WildGem for. Especially my picture files are ordered in themes, easily made possible by manipulating their "date of latest change", and should really not be given another time stamp (in any way) than it already was showing. Argh, does any one understand what I am trying to say here?

Twinbee, can you make WildGem offer an option to let the altered files keep old "not touched since..." (or what the English term may be), please?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version