ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Free Task Manager total resources for multiple instances?

<< < (3/5) > >>

4wd:
Edit: got it to stop giving an error.  But when I run the script it just comes back to the prompt.  No busy cursor, no output no nothing.-MilesAhead (June 30, 2015, 03:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Given what @Cocoa has just gone through with my Powershell script here, it may pay to check what version you're running and update if necessary.

To check the version, open a Powershell and enter: $PSVersionTable.PSVersion

You should get 4.0 if you're running the latest.

MilesAhead:
Edit: got it to stop giving an error.  But when I run the script it just comes back to the prompt.  No busy cursor, no output no nothing.-MilesAhead (June 30, 2015, 03:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Given what @Cocoa has just gone through with my Powershell script here, it may pay to check what version you're running and update if necessary.

To check the version, open a Powershell and enter: $PSVersionTable.PSVersion

You should get 4.0 if you're running the latest.
-4wd (July 01, 2015, 03:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

I get 3.0.-1.-1

First time I ever saw negative build numbers?

MilesAhead:
It says on Technet I have to get W 8.1 to install PS 4.0 :down:

This Laptop often will not complete a restore point.  Never mind doing updates.  I'll use some other method.  I never like PS anyway.  :)

4wd:
It says on Technet I have to get W 8.1 to install PS 4.0 :down:-MilesAhead (July 01, 2015, 05:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not according to this Technet page.

Windows PowerShell 4.0 runs on the following versions of Windows.

* Windows 8.1, installed by default
* Windows Server 2012 R2, installed by default
* Windows® 7 with Service Pack 1, install Windows Management Framework 4.0 to run Windows PowerShell 4.0
* Windows Server® 2008 R2 with Service Pack 1, install Windows Management Framework 4.0 to run Windows PowerShell 4.0
--- End quote ---

I never like PS anyway.  :)
--- End quote ---

That's just the age old fear of the new and unknown talking  ;)

MilesAhead:
It says on Technet I have to get W 8.1 to install PS 4.0 :down:-MilesAhead (July 01, 2015, 05:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not according to this Technet page.

Windows PowerShell 4.0 runs on the following versions of Windows.

* Windows 8.1, installed by default
* Windows Server 2012 R2, installed by default
* Windows® 7 with Service Pack 1, install Windows Management Framework 4.0 to run Windows PowerShell 4.0
* Windows Server® 2008 R2 with Service Pack 1, install Windows Management Framework 4.0 to run Windows PowerShell 4.0
--- End quote ---
-4wd (July 01, 2015, 06:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nowhere in the list do I see Windows 8.0

I never like PS anyway.  :)
--- End quote ---

That's just the age old fear of the new and unknown talking  ;)

--- End quote ---

I don't think so.  I did bash sh and zsh scripting on Linux where there was some rhyme and reason involved.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version