ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

End of a good thing

<< < (2/3) > >>

tomos:
I live in a crappy little village that seems to have more sheep and cows than actual people...and yet I am still only a 15 minute drive from ASDA (Or Walmart as you call it) and the same distance from a Tesco (Like ASDA...Only better) o.O
-Stephen66515 (June 07, 2015, 03:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

could you get there (easily) without a car though?

MilesAhead:
That's quite a dilemma! If purchase volume is limited by carrying capacity, the cost of the journey could cancel out potential savings.
-cranioscopical (June 07, 2015, 01:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

It is more costly in time and effort than cash.  I usually have a monthly pass for the Metro anyway.  But I do tend to go only when I need clothes I cannot get locally.  Walmart always has a pretty good selection of cargo shorts.  They are a must have in Miami.  You can buy them at local stores but most of them have the sewn on button.  Walmart has a good selection of those with a rivet as the main button.  No hassle with a button popping off after a few weeks.  Also cheap Levis.  Cheap T-shirts.

Also I get my luggage there.  Most of the downtown stores will net let you return defective luggage.  Walmart is very good about exchanging a bag if the handle or a wheel breaks etc..  With heavy daily use that saves me a lot of cash.  It's just the haul down there and swapping all my junk to the other bag etc..

I will be glad when the new store opens.  The train ride I estimate at 20 minutes.  I will not know how long the walk takes until I do it the first time.  Distance is deceptive when looking down from a train platform to an unfinished lot.  But at least it cuts out the bus ride.  I hate taking the bus big time.  :)

KynloStephen66515:
I live in a crappy little village that seems to have more sheep and cows than actual people...and yet I am still only a 15 minute drive from ASDA (Or Walmart as you call it) and the same distance from a Tesco (Like ASDA...Only better) o.O
-Stephen66515 (June 07, 2015, 03:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

could you get there (easily) without a car though?
-tomos (June 08, 2015, 07:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, about a 30 minute walk from each - Tesco is covered by a bus route, and ASDA is not quite covered (but only a 5 minute walk from the nearest stop) - Tesco is also super easy from here via train because it shares a carpark with the railway station and takes about 30 seconds from the train, to the store :D

Curt:
oh, your poor people, how sad it is to read about your problems  ;D

When I walk, I walk slowly. Because I walk slowly, it takes me almost 5 minutes to get to the first super market. Another 3 minutes to get to the next super market. And another 2 minutes to get to the third. I have thought about moving further down the road, to skip all this walking.

8)

MilesAhead:
oh, your poor people, how sad it is to read about your problems  ;D

When I walk, I walk slowly. Because I walk slowly, it takes me almost 5 minutes to get to the first super market. Another 3 minutes to get to the next super market. And another 2 minutes to get to the third. I have thought about moving further down the road, to skip all this walking.

8)

-Curt (June 15, 2015, 10:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Heh heh.  One thing I can do is go earlier.  There's an express bus that bypasses 3/4 of the stops.  But it only runs during rush hour.  Curt, since you are so close to the supermarket I'll just place my order for Filet Mignon cuts with you.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version