ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

Problem launching Firefox with commandline from LBC - am I doing it wrong??

(1/2) > >>

Lolipop Jones:
Firefox Portable is located on a USB stick mapped to drive L:\  and is in the subfolder L:\KeyApps\FirefoxPortable

I want to run the program with a command line argument forcing it to use the (relative) profile on that stick located in \KeyApps\FirefoxPortable\Data\Profile

When I navigate to the folder where the executable is located and enter

FirefoxPortable.exe -profile "Key Apps/FirefoxPortable/Data/profile"

it works fine, but when I place the following in LBC as the command, nothing happens -

%APPDRIVE%\Key Apps\FirefoxPortable\FirefoxPortable.exe -profile "Key Apps/FirefoxPortable/Data/profile"

Am I missing something??

mouser:
That looks like a correct use of %APPDRIVE%.

LBC expects the arguments to be specified in a separate edit box though -- see if that helps.

Lolipop Jones:
Thanks for getting right back!!

When I put the argument in that box, Firefox launches OK, but the argument seems to be ignored.

The argument which gives me the result I want when run directly is

-profile "Key Apps/FirefoxPortable/Data/profile"

Next to the argument box is the legend (use %file%) and I'm not quite sure what that means.  Should I rewrite the argument in some way??

mouser:
you can just ignore the suggestion about %file%, that's just if you want to let your node be able to receive a dropped file and use it in the argument.

what about trying:
-profile "%APPDRIVE%/Key Apps/FirefoxPortable/Data/profile"

Lolipop Jones:
That's got it.  You're the <s>man</s> cat, mouser.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version