ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Steam Introduces Refunds.

(1/2) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
http://games.slashdot.org/story/15/06/03/1457232/valve-introduces-steam-refunds-in-advance-of-summer-sale

Deathspawner writes:
Despite all of its competition, Valve's Steam service remains the most popular digital PC game store around. While Steam does do a lot of things right, it can sometimes stumble in the worst of ways. Look no further than April's Skyrim mod debacle as a good example. Well, just as Valve fixed up that issue, it's gone ahead and fixed another: it's making refunds dead simple. While refunds have been possible in the past, it's required gamers to jump through hoops to get them. Now, Valve has set certain criteria for granting a refund, no questions asked: if you've bought the game within the past two weeks and played it for two hours or less, your refund is guaranteed.
The changes are being welcomed by most, but not all: some developers of smaller games that take less time to play through are worried that this will lead to abuse, and the system may enable more risk-free review-bombing as well.
--- End quote ---

mouser:
The change is fantastic news.. There have been occasions where i bought a game that wouldn't install and this would make getting refunds on such things painless.  :up:

Deozaan:
Yeah, I see this as a positive move for Steam. I've never known a company worse at customer service/support than Steam. Well, except for Google.

wraith808:
Yeah, I see this as a positive move for Steam. I've never known a company worse at customer service/support than Steam. Well, except for Google.
-Deozaan (June 04, 2015, 02:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Comcast. You can never get worse than Comcast.

KynloStephen66515:
-Deozaan (June 04, 2015, 02:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ever tried finding a contact for Facebook...and getting them to answer?  That is a feat still undefeated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version