ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Awesome software for kids

<< < (2/3) > >>

Renegade:
Wow, this isn't where I imagined this thread going when I started it.
-ayryq (June 03, 2015, 09:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heh. Very! Way out of orbit and far past Uranus. :P

As for kids' software, there are truckloads of developers out there with LOTS of it. I wouldn't even know where to begin. My wife has her tablet loaded up with games and educational software for our little one.

There are a few large companies with kids' software as well. Fisher-Price has some good stuff.

mouser:
Finding good software for kids is important -- i hope this thread gets back on track and can make some good recommendations!

TaoPhoenix:

The Last Ludum Dare had an interesting game about mythpology that could be cool for kids.

"Kids software" doesn't have to have that "stripped and sterile" look to it!

If I get the mood I might do one of my writeups on that if I can find it again, for this thread.

ayryq:
As for kids' software, there are truckloads of developers out there with LOTS of it. I wouldn't even know where to begin. My wife has her tablet loaded up with games and educational software for our little one.

There are a few large companies with kids' software as well. Fisher-Price has some good stuff.
-Renegade (June 04, 2015, 12:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

We have some good stuff on tablets, but it's mostly in a style, format, and depth that was state-of-the-art in 1995. And the number of programs for Windows PCs is much (much) smaller, and also harder to find.

Those CD-ROMs I mentioned were made for kids, they were state-of-the-art, and they fully used the capabilities of the modern PC (in 1999).

x16wda:
It's not a game per se, but I have spent a fair amount of time with my boy running Stellarium. We'll go out and look at the sky and then come back in and figure out what we saw. For example, we figured out recently that we were seeing both Venus and Jupiter in the west in the evenings. And we always look for Cassiopeia. (Sam has always said W is his favorite letter!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version