ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

dream phone

(1/4) > >>

kalos:
hello!

I am looking for a mobile with these:

* dual full active sim
* removable battery
* at least 3GB RAM
are there any??

thanks!

tomos:
is having access to the battery unusual in (non-iPhone) phones?
If not, a simple search will get you a couple of results.

I know some of the newer brand Chinese phones cater much more to dual-sim.
I bought a very cheap one earlier this year, and it's a treat to be able to use two cards without having to swap them (I have it set to: choose which card on sending text message; one sim as default for telephoning & internet). But mine is a far cry from 3GB ram ;-)

mwb1100:
Full active is pretty uncommon among dual-SIM phones, at least in my limited experience.  Are you sure you need full active?  My dual-SIM phone is standby, and I have had zero problems.  But then again, I'm not much of a yakker.

I also believe that 3GB of RAM is pretty uncommon in general for phones today.  I'd guess that a combination of 3GB with dual-SIM - whether standby or active - would be a rare bird.

kalos:
I want to be connected to GPS at the same time with receiving SMS or being on a phone call, does that need dual sim standby or full active?

tomos:
Full active is pretty uncommon among dual-SIM phones, at least in my limited experience.  Are you sure you need full active?  My dual-SIM phone is standby, and I have had zero problems.  But then again, I'm not much of a yakker.-mwb1100 (May 31, 2015, 01:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

I not much of a yakker either :D
but fully active dual-SIM is great e.g. if you live near a border - or abroad. So, I have a SIM-card from each country - I'll choose the SIM according to where I'm telephoning. One SIM (the one from the 'other' country) gets used mainly for texts - but also for the occasional call.

@kalos, sorry, dont know the answer to last query

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version