ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The End of my Macbook Pro Experiment

<< < (8/8)

f0dder:
That dock isn't all it's cracked up to be.-wraith808 (September 16, 2015, 04:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hence why I have it set to auto-hide :)

Can't really recall when I've used it, I always use the <Apple>+<Space> thingy to launch stuff.

Deozaan:
Through a long and arduous process I managed to get OSX working in a VM so I could test some stuff with Unity "on a Mac."

One thing that was really ridiculous to me was something that I can't remember the exact details about anymore, but it was something like... I thought I had copied/installed my game onto the VM, but apparently it had just created a shortcut/link to a temporary folder, and I had to drag and drop the icon onto my hard drive in order to really install it. Or something really weird like that. As I said, I can't remember the specifics, but I have no idea how someone is supposed to know to do that weird thing to get things to work. You just have to intuit it or something.

ewemoa:
Trial and error and talking to other folks too perhaps :)

wraith808:
Through a long and arduous process I managed to get OSX working in a VM so I could test some stuff with Unity "on a Mac."

One thing that was really ridiculous to me was something that I can't remember the exact details about anymore, but it was something like... I thought I had copied/installed my game onto the VM, but apparently it had just created a shortcut/link to a temporary folder, and I had to drag and drop the icon onto my hard drive in order to really install it. Or something really weird like that. As I said, I can't remember the specifics, but I have no idea how someone is supposed to know to do that weird thing to get things to work. You just have to intuit it or something.
-Deozaan (September 17, 2015, 04:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yup.  That's pretty standard installation.  I stopped trying to figure it out, and just did it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version