ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

OCR - comparisons of different software/capability

<< < (5/5)

IainB:
@Nod5: Thanks for the link re extra cores support. I did pick up on that reference whilst I was reading over your detailed posts in the DC Forum.

@wraith808: Thanks for your comment. From what you say, it rather sounds like software in the 2000s is not too dissimilar to what cars were reportedly like in the 60s/70s - you had to pay through the nose for any "extra" feature - e.g. a heater for the passengers, delayed wiper switch, ... Sheesh. Archaic and greedy marketing for little or no real added value.

IainB:
Just made a significant correction to my post at Re: OCR - comparisons of different software/capability

Looks like I was mistaken about OneNote being unable to scan that red-coloured text error message.
Trouble is, I learned from this that OneNote is disabled by default (and which cannot be enabled) from scanning scrap images of single lines of text. Of what purpose/use that is, I have no idea.    :tellme:

Ath:
Of what purpose/use that is, I have no idea.    :tellme:
-IainB (May 31, 2015, 03:19 AM)
--- End quote ---
Maybe to avoid it being used for captcha recognition?

Nod5:
IanB: I put the newer version of ScanTailor_multi_core (with one more bug fixed) on the official page.

wraith808: I'm not surprised! It feels like Acrobat Adobe have a similar approach. I think they've intentionally made Acrobat hard to automate in order to sell their various more expensive corporate solutions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version