ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

why MS Word breaks format

<< < (4/5) > >>

Target:
if you go into OPTIONS, and select ADVANCED, the second section deals with copy and paste options.

I'd suggest you set to either MERGE FORMATTING or KEEP TEXT ONLY

sword:
"why MS Word breaks format"
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/wordvswordperfect.htm
A short, clear explanation why this happens and what to do about it by John McGhie

superboyac:
"why MS Word breaks format"
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/wordvswordperfect.htm
A short, clear explanation why this happens and what to do about it by John McGhie
-sword (June 07, 2015, 04:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
Man, Mr. McGhie has been the goto guy for word for a loooon time now, he is the man. 
Great article, thanks.
I spent a year trying to master Word, and I'm very glad I did.  The styles thing really makes my life so much easier now.  As long as I don't have to collaborate on a document, because it makes me so angry to use Word my way and then have people directly formatting things, comment, return to me, and I have to work with that.

One thing MS never does, and I wish guys like John McGhie would push for is an improved toolset for managing styles.  The way it's done now works, but it can be so much better.  And it literally has not changed for 15 years.  It pisses me off.  I mean, all these new Office versions, new ribbon, and they never ever change the style manager tools.  The bullet and list style manager is nearly impossible to use.  There are so many traps in using styles that can really screw things up, and it is mostly just an interface issue.

kalos:
ok guys, but the success of a program is not to spend 1 whole year to master it!!!

superboyac:
ok guys, but the success of a program is not to spend 1 whole year to master it!!!
-kalos (June 07, 2015, 04:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
well, yea.  there's that too.  lol.  that would be nice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version