ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

why MS Word breaks format

<< < (3/5) > >>

kalos:
You could try to insert some kind of a section break first (to break the continuities in the formatting), and then do the pasting, and see if that helps.
-dr_andus (May 29, 2015, 11:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

I did that
I basically added a page break
but it didn't help
is there any other kind of break that I could add?

Deozaan:
Some programs allow you to use ctrl-shift-v to paste without the copied formatting.

Stoic Joker:
but in my experience mixing formatting (by pasting) in any Office software leads to problems of one kind or another
-tomos (May 29, 2015, 12:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Correct. A common cause of large Word documents corrupting is when multiple authors use different formatting methods. One of our clients had this issue a few years back until they got together on a uniform formatting method. And they haven't had another self-destructing document emergency in about 5 years since.

Pasting text with complicated formatting will frequently make a mess of things in my experience, so I've gotten in the habit of always using the right click Paste Special - strip formatting - option.

dr_andus:
is there any other kind of break that I could add?
-kalos (May 29, 2015, 12:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Add section breaks

Joe Hone:
In Windows 2010, under the "Home" tab you will see "paste" with a down arrow. If you click the arrow and then "paste special" you will have different paste options for whatever is on your clipboard. Trying the different options should get the result you are looking for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version