ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

why MS Word breaks format

<< < (2/5) > >>

kalos:
no, I am talking about my work laptop, where I have MS Word 2010/2013

kalos:
why my clipboard is the problem?
I am copying from another word document and I am pasting in my initial word document
I paste several stuff, tables photos, formatted text etc
I just don't want that to affect my previous text!

dr_andus:
You could try to insert some kind of a section break first (to break the continuities in the formatting), and then do the pasting, and see if that helps.

Shades:
Believe me, you will notice the difference in looks between Office 2010 and Office 2013. Office 2013 has the tiled look from Windows 8. Also, with commercial software there is always an 'About' option in a menu available. Most of the time in the main menu, called 'Help' or sometimes in main menu 'File'. There you usually find the exact title and version number(s) of the software you are using.

Anyway Tomos was right. 'Paste special' is the option you need to use.

tomos:
why my clipboard is the problem?
I am copying from another word document and I am pasting in my initial word document
I paste several stuff, tables photos, formatted text etc
I just don't want that to affect my previous text!
-kalos (May 29, 2015, 10:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

edit// yeah - I guess it logically should not affect previous text, but in my experience mixing formatting (by pasting) in any Office software leads to problems of one kind or another

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version