ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Drag&Drop Robot

any drag&drop users?

<< < (3/4) > >>

springro:
Hey Mouser,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm a very happy user of Drag and Drop!

Something I would like to see is a text log save option.  So you could turn on brief for the display, but have detailed log file that can be reviewed if needed.  Right now I run in some options in detailed mode and then copy/paste so I have it to review if needed.

Somebody mentioned similar above, but I would be interested in having an option where you can have an individual shortcut to open drag and drop with a certain profile selected.   The main reason for asking is that I find myself trying to drop folders onto something that is expecting files and vice versa because I forgot to switch the config selection before dragging.  It's a pretty minor thing, but it's an idea.

Alternative would be to make it so that if you drag files onto the name in the list of commands box it would switch to that routine and add the files/folders to the list.  (Just to make sure this option isn't already there, I dragged into the config area field -- it cleared out the config file list!  Scared me for a second - but they were back on reload).

Again, thanks for this program.  It's great for simplifying the front end when you write the occasional little script - especially one that only gets occasional use. 

Best,
Rob

mouser:
very good ideas! finally some ideas to improve drag+drop.
i'm putting it on my todo list

Carol Haynes:
Hi -

just downloaded this today, and was ecstatic to have found just what I needed.  Then I tried to use it, and found I either misunderstood the program's function, or I just don't know how to get it to do what I need.  To wit:

I have a series of 9 pdf files:  longname1.pdf, longname2.pdf, etc   I need to merge them into one single pdf, which I would normally do with a command line utility "pdftoolkit" (pdftk.exe). 

The command is "(c:\windows\system32\)pdftk(.exe) longname1.pdf longname2.pdf ... longname9.pdf cat output mergedfile.pdf".

I was hoping that DND would let me just drop the whole list of pdfs into the file window, and it would parse the list into batch variables (%1 %2 %3 %4), and then execute the concatenation command.

Can the program do that - run one command on a list (group) of files - and I am just not getting it? 

Or is it only for running a single, repetitive command on each member of the file list.

Thanks

Doug
-djlong3000 (August 06, 2006, 08:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Why not use http://homepage.oniduo.pt/pdfe/shelltools.html which also adds some flexibility on which pages to process too.

kefrey:
Just found it. Just learning to use it.  It seems useful. I reported a bug.

To really make use of it requires GnuWin or some other set of utilities and some skill at the Windows command line, which is possibly the most arcane programming language since IBM OS/360 JCL.

superboyac:
i don't get a lot of chances to use this, but I just did some annoying archiving through folders, and this saved me at least 2 hours.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version