ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Drag&Drop Robot

any drag&drop users?

(1/4) > >>

mouser:
No love for drag&drop robot? it's actually one of the more useful tools i've written, simply because i don't know of any other tools like it...  maybe its too confusing to use?

nudone:
just tried to post a long message and it timed out and i've lost it all - i'll try and be quicker this time.

can you make drag&drop incorporate a kind of shortcut option. like the droplet feature in photoshop.

as an example:

i've regularly got a list of files that need there extension changing to another type. i use a renaming program to do this but it would be better if i had an icon, say on my desktop, that i could just drop the files or folder onto that would then invoke drag&drop and carry out the required action.

this way a user could set up several 'shortcut' icons, placed about their system that they could just drag and drop files or folders onto and specific batch file operations would be carried out depending on what 'shortcut' it was.

i hope that makes sense.

i might be trying to reinvent the wheel but i've not seen any program that does it and drag&drop is half way there to doing it.

mouser:
that's a good idea, i will try it and see how hard it is to do, might be easy to implement.

jballi:
I finally found a use for D&D (DDR or D&DR?) - LAME encoding.  Unfortunately, I had to write my own batch script to do most of the work since there are way too many options and D&D doesn't offer the option to just manipulate the 1st node of the file so that source and target files are different when converting MP3 to MP3.

Anywho, so far it's working well.  It saves me some time when converting a lot of stuff in many different folders.

One thing I noticed is that D&D doesn't identify (or care) about return codes from batch files.  Is this by design or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

mouser:
we were just talking about how d&d should maybe be given an option wrt. return codes, which it currently ignores..
what exactly do you mean that "D&D doesn't offer the option to just manipulate the 1st node of the file so that source and target files are different when converting MP3 to MP3."

there are some very good lame gui tools btw, razorlame is one i think, that you might want to check out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version