ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Softmaker Office 2016 released

<< < (2/5) > >>

Curt:
I have always felt it weird that Ashampoo could offer their version at merely a fraction of SoftMaker's original price. MAYBE (and I am totally guessing here) maybe there will be no SoftMaker Standard, but Ashampoo?

tomos:
OK
Softmaker 2016 'Standard' has been released.

The only difference between the two is that 'SoftMaker Office Professional adds four high-quality Berlitz dictionaries for translations from/to English, Spanish, French, Italian and German – a great resource when you need to create foreign-language documents.'

Prices are same in US$ or Euro:
Standard is 60 full-price, and 40 upgrade
Pro is 90 & 60

The full price of Pro is 10$/€ more in Germany - I dont know exactly why (possibly because the Pro features are more aimed at German language use).

4wd:
I think they can count me out as a potential upgrader, (at least until I find a really good discount somewhere), since for me there just isn't the necessity for four dictionaries I'd never use and an email client I already have.

FWIW, you can also get the upgrade price if you download the FreeOffice version and upgrade from that - avoids some of the sticker shock if you're a new user.

superboyac:
Can someone help me figure out what kind of users prefer softmaker office?  I've always wondered...those who use MS office are not really going to use it.  And those who don't want to pay seem content with using the free stuff or google docs.  So which users like softmaker?  thanks

tomos:
Can someone help me figure out what kind of users prefer softmaker office?  I've always wondered...those who use MS office are not really going to use it.  And those who don't want to pay seem content with using the free stuff or google docs.  So which users like softmaker?  thanks
-superboyac (June 14, 2015, 10:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

I like it for two reasons:

* files created with Softmaker (Textmaker & Planmaker anyways) are very compatible with Microsoft Office - also works well in the other direction. I like and occasionally use Libre Office, but it is well behind in this category.
* forum support is good - I have gotten a lot of help there (especially with spreadsheet formulas). They seem to have implemented a few requests of mine in the new version (but I havent upgraded/tested properly yet).

I'd add to that: for commercial use it's good value imo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version