ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

real time collaborative platform

(1/1)

kalos:
hello!

My projects often need a flowchart, a timeline chart, addition of comments, addition of discussion, email alerts, file sharing, etc

We use sharepoint, which is supposedly very powerful, but the main problem I see with it is that there is not a single page to display the projects and edit it or have a discussion about each of its steps

you have to download the file, view it, and edit it, and then upload it, which is very cumbersome

isn't there a platform where it will have all the possible features and it will be web-based, not having to open locally files?

thanks!

x16wda:
You know, of course, that MS Project Server has now been shoe-horned into is now an add-in to Sharepoint, right? Is that what you are using?

kalos:
can I see what you mean exactly it's add-in to Sharepoint?
can I view and edit stuff online?

x16wda:
There are numerous videos online that might give you more info, such as this one or this one. Project Server runs inside Sharepoint, you create a new web app for it and you have Sharepoint facilities available. I'm not a Project or Project Server user so I can't comment on the comparative functionality, but I would hope that much of the work could be done in the Sharepoint interface.

kalos:
mmm I didn't see in those videos what I had in mind:
an online flowchart editor with an attached gantt chart editor
http://www.cogniview.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/flowbreeze-standard-flowchart-software.jpg
with ability to add comments in each step

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version