ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

how to delete this empty file? (problem solved)

<< < (3/5) > >>

MilesAhead:
The original error I have never seen before.  "Pending Registry yadda yadda removed by external process" (paraphrased)

My immediate suspicion is some real time shield is blocking what you are trying to do. Do you have one of those heuristic programs that stops stuff it thinks is suspicious?  Something along the idea of Malwarebytes antiexploit?

4wd:
My immediate suspicion is some real time shield is blocking what you are trying to do. Do you have one of those heuristic programs that stops stuff it thinks is suspicious?  Something along the idea of Malwarebytes antiexploit?-MilesAhead (May 23, 2015, 07:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Booting into Safe Mode should have disabled any AV/AM program.

Curt:
The next obvious suggestion for a stuck file in Windows is to boot a Linux LiveCD and remove the bugger-4wd (May 23, 2015, 07:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

forgive me for not applauding. 1) I will click a wrong button and everything will brake down. I have never had anything to do with Linux, and being stressed is not the right time to begin - this is not just a question of being hold in the hand while clicking my way, but more what I could happen to do when the hand is not held. 2) My laptop has no CD drive, and 3) 'the bugger' really doesn't exist.

Of course the real reason is, I am scared of computers!

x16wda:
Maybe there is a permissions thing that is preventing you from seeing it? Try this - download SetACL Studio (which has a 30 day free trial) and navigate to the folder and see exactly what's there. This is useful software - it builds its display "from the dark side" :P meaning that it doesn't ask for Windows's interpretation of what's on disk. You can see what is there even if you don't have rights to it. (The command line version is free and scriptable, but it's easier to use the GUI.)

Assuming something there is honked, change the owner and hit save, then change permissions and hit save, then see what you can do.

4wd:
Just as a matter of interest, have you searched your registry for any occurrence of the filename?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version