ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Microsoft "Hyperlapse" tech is finally available to play with

<< < (2/5) > >>

superboyac:
That vimeo video is really incredible.  I'd be curious how difficult it was to get it to look like that, and what kind of equipment was used.  Looks amazing.

JavaJones:
Requiring WMP is pretty lame! Has anyone tried the mobile apps yet?

- Oshyan

4wd:
http://bgb.4x4aus.net

Top video has an audio track so was timelapsed to match the length of it, considering the footage was recorded on a handheld MPEG2 camcorder, (ie. the original is very stability challenged), the Hyperlapse version turned out very smooth.

In case anyone is interested, the data on the bottom of the top video comes from a GPS data logger, (you can see it hanging from the mirror at around 1:20 - easier in the Hyperlapse version), which I exported in GPX format and then converted to a .srt file to mux into the video.

The track is called Billy Goat Bluff Track, it drops ~1200m over ~7km - unfortunately the camera battery went flat about 500m from the end of it.

tomos:
^ I enjoyed that drive :Thmbsup:
was impressive to see how quickly the elevation changed (I know it speeded up, but still).
And very apt music :-)

JavaJones:
Cool trek! Now I know why you're called 4wd. ;) And not a bad result on the hyperlapse either.

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version