ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Any difficulty in doing knots?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Deozaan:
Um... wat?

I'm having a hard time following this one:

Step 2:

Step 3:

wraith808:
It's probably a compound knot.  That just looks like a double-line hitch.  It would be nice if they told you "hey- tie a double line hitch right here- see here for instructions." or something similar.

Update: It's a Figure-Eight Loop: http://www.southee.com/Knots/Knots_SingleLoops.htm#FigureEightLoop

Notice that on a karash double loop they do the same thing- but direct you to the Figure-Eight Loop to tie that part: http://www.southee.com/Knots/Knots_DoubleLoops.htm

MilesAhead:
It's probably a compound knot.  That just looks like a double-line hitch.  It would be nice if they told you "hey- tie a double line hitch right here- see here for instructions." or something similar.
-wraith808 (May 18, 2015, 03:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, those pics are kind of like step by step instructions for painting the Mona Lisa.  Step 1 blank canvas.  Step 2 portrait complete paint dry.  :)

tomos:
Um... wat?

I'm having a hard time following this one:
-Deozaan (May 18, 2015, 03:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

ah yeah, that does sort of jump from zero to 100 ;D

That's a knot that's used for climbing with rope and harness/belt (also with a carabiner).
I had a brief spell attempting to climb walls with a friend - I did learn that knot, but dont know if I could reproduce it now.**
The video doesnt help any - I wonder is that knot described elsewhere and they forgot to let us know about it.

** It is very important that the two strands dont 'overlap' each other. I *think* that's what they're trying to say in the last image ["Wrong"]: "a kink in the standing end is an error" - but I couldnt be sure there (standing end? - I never did learn the 'knots' vocabulary...)

cranioscopical:
a video of The One Armed Man(tm) tying knots might be interesting
-MilesAhead (May 18, 2015, 05:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
It seems armless enough to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version