ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Farr vs DiRT series

(1/1)

lanux128:
Recently Codemasters made the transition from GfWLw to Steamworks and in the process, upgraded DiRT 3 to DiRT 3 Complete Edition.

On hearing this, i rubbed my hands in glee because I could finally play the game I bought 2+ years ago (note: GfWL is not supported in my region therefore I could not save my progress). However there was one more obstacle in my way. Curiously DiRT refuses to start if Farr is running in the background!

This perplexed me at first but a quick search shows this to be a known issue, as can be seen from posts here and here. Hence I wrote this AHK script which works as a middleman by closing Farr before running DiRT and relaunching Farr after you're done with DiRT.

To use it, just unzip and run the "Dirt_3_CE_Launcher (DoCo).ahk" instead of launching DiRT 3 from Steam directly. That's all to it and the script was not extensively tested so caveats apply. Hopefully you'd find it handy.

Saturday24:
Cool… Thanks for sharing!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version