ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Seeking experiences from people backing up relatively large personal data sets

<< < (4/4)

Shades:
Most days I actually like the Oracle products (so, you see I am delusional). But there are also days that I can curse them into hell, because of a stupidity that . You are definitely right about the business practices of Oracle, I think they actually believe that when you install their software you are "pimping" your PC.

At the time (about 10 years ago) there was a test done with this software and several databases (MSSQL 2000, Oracle 9, Firebird ?, PostgreSQL) and Oracle 9 came out as the best overall option. Never looked back since, to be honest, just kept upgrading Oracle.

Ath:
just kept upgrading Oracle.
-Shades (November 29, 2012, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's what they are hoping for all their customers to do :tellme:

Sounds like the motto of a certain PC/OS maker that also sells quite a lot of smartphones, using a fruit for a logo... :-[

communityfair:
Great collection of information, I am glad to find your article. Keep sharing such type of information in future too.

JavaJones:
I finally had to let go of CrashPlan due to the memory use issue, primarily. I am now using iDrive. Details if you're interested:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=26224.msg381832#msg381832

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version