ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for a Sci-Fi short story about time travel

(1/3) > >>

MerleOne:
Hi all,

I am looking for a science-fiction short story, I just remember the synopsis, partly. It's a time travel story, where the main character, a boy at the beginning of the story and an adult at the end keeps returning to a strange garden which is used to launch rockets ? Or something else scientific related.  And for some reasons, I can't remember, this garden is flowing with tubes that create some time shifts, essential to the scientific activity.  It's strictliy forbidden to come across them but for some reason some day he will, and since that day he will meet a stranger that tries to communicate with him but somehow eludes him. And, big spoiler coming, it happens that this stranger is himself at a different times.

I read it as a part of a compilation of short stories, but I really cannot find neither the title nor the author.

Any hint much welcome, as always.

Thanks !

ewemoa:
May be not helpful, but FWIW:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_time_travel_science_fiction

MerleOne:
May be not helpful, but FWIW:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_time_travel_science_fiction
-ewemoa (May 11, 2015, 07:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks, a long list, but nice find.

mouser:
Nice list  :up:

TaoPhoenix:
Hi all,

I am looking for a science-fiction short story, I just remember the synopsis, partly. It's a time travel story, where the main character, a boy at the beginning of the story and an adult at the end keeps returning to a strange garden which is used to launch rockets ? Or something else scientific related.  And for some reasons, I can't remember, this garden is flowing with tubes that create some time shifts, essential to the scientific activity.  It's strictly forbidden to come across them but for some reason some day he will, and since that day he will meet a stranger that tries to communicate with him but somehow eludes him. And, big spoiler coming, it happens that this stranger is himself at a different times.

I read it as a part of a compilation of short stories, but I really cannot find neither the title nor the author.

Any hint much welcome, as always.

Thanks !
-MerleOne (May 10, 2015, 03:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

What's the rough plot or the ending? So whazzisname keeps returning to this garden to "do something", to what effect? And since the stranger can't communicate, is it all futile that the older self is trying to fix something but then can't communicate so Whatever-Bad still happens?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version