ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Volume Mixer instead of Master Volume Control

<< < (3/3)

tomos:
Please help me . I want to have volume mixer instead of master volume but I didn't understood What I have to do . Coul you place help me ?
-horroq (May 19, 2015, 07:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

hi horroq,
download AutoHotKey (AHK) from this page:
http://ahkscript.org/
(there's portable and installable versions there)

Now save the script below (click the copy or print link and save with a .ahk file-ending e.g. VolumeMixer.ahk

Please try this one

--- ---#SingleInstance force
#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

GotFocus := false

~LButton  Up::
Sleep 250
If  (WinActive("ahk_exe SndVol.exe") )
{
    Send,!x
    GotFocus := true
    Settimer, CheckFocus
}
return

CheckFocus:
If  (WinActive("ahk_exe SndVol.exe") )
    return
    SetTimer,,Off
    WinClose, ahk_exe SndVol.exe
return
-MilesAhead (July 04, 2014, 10:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Open the script with AutoHotKey.
I havent used this script so not sure what it does.
It will show in the system tray - you can right-click the icon there for options

MilesAhead:
I havent used this script so not sure what it does.
-tomos
--- End quote ---

I forgot what it did myself.  After trying it I remembered.  If it is running and you click the mouse on the speaker in the task tray, as soon as the volume control comes up it sends alt x to make the mixer come up.  Then if you click somewhere else, like on the desktop, it closes the mixer window.  Hmmm, I think I should add that to my general purpose hotkey file and use it myself.  :)

Edit: I see where I didn't use the variable GotFocus for anything.  I guess I should check it before bothering to close SndVol.exe.  I'll edit the script.  :)

MilesAhead:
Here is the script with a few enhancements and a custom icon, compiled to exe.
The source and icon are included.  I added a global hotkey, control shift v
to open the volume mixer.  Also single clicking on the SoundMixer.exe tray icon
will do it.

See about command in tray menu and/or Readme.txt file included in the .zip

You may download SoundMixer.zip from my page:
http://milesaheadsoftware.org

Edit: seems the upload is corrupt.  The connection died in the middle.  I'll add another edit when I get the file to the page and check the MD5 to make sure it's OK.

Edit2:  Been trying since 8:47 AM to upload a 365 kb zip file.  Goes all the way until I click Upload Button.  T"hen it's time for the spinning circle.  I'll let you know if it ever gets there.  :)

Edit3:  I finally got through.  I downloaded and the MD5Sum is a match.  I'm running the program from the download now.  It should be OK.   :Thmbsup:

Edit4: I am back in the same boat.  I tried to upload a revised zip file and it connects just long enough to corrupt the file on the server.  As soon as I try to upload then I cannot upload or download anything.  All I get is the dreaded spinning circle.  If I get the file on I'll post Edit #5.  :)

Edit5:  OK. Uploaded new zip.  Download it and checked MD5Sum.  Seems we are good now.  :)

MilesAhead:
Updated to version 1.1.0.0.  I redesigned it to be a bit more automatic.  You should notice after opening the Volume Mixer using it, when you click someplace else, it closes the window more consistently.  Also I removed the test for the Volume Mixer Window after every Left Mouse Button release.  It uses polling at1/4 second intervals.  Much smoother.  Less chance of side effects.

Also it ignores commands while the About Box is open.  See Readme.txt file included in the zip for the gory details.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version