ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Fax Software

<< < (2/6) > >>

IainB:
Thanks for the suggestion.
Won't work for me. I live on several continents. I need software only functionality.
-brahman (May 05, 2015, 09:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ahh, I didn't know that. New information belatedly revealed as to requirements/constraints. (Why do people do that when asking for help?)
I would therefore answer almost exactly as per @mwb1100 above. In fact, I would have answered that straightaway if I had known of your constraints, since that was exactly the approach that I used when I was working across several continents/countries a few years back.

IainB:
I am using my own router for incoming faxes.
But for outgoing I would prefer a free software solution.
Doesn't anybody know a free fax software.
-brahman (May 05, 2015, 12:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

I just did a DuckGo search on "free fax software" and came up with quite a lot of what looked like potentially useful stuff. Try it yourself and you will see! https://duckduckgo.com/?q=free+fax+software
It included @mwb1100's response as well

brahman:
People need to do that when those who answer questions do not answer as per the original requirements:

"Does anyone know of a good, free software for my Agere based LSI USB modem?"

:)

IainB:
I would have thought the answer to that was pretty obvious, actually, you ingrate.
That is, it's probably "No".
But this looked interesting: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=free+fax+software+for+Agere+based+LSI+USB+modem

I do apologise for trying to help you.

brahman:
Actually it's very funny:

The 5th entry on your duckduckgo search above is this thread I just opened today. Hahaha

But I tried a similar search before and all the results are only drivers when you scrutinize them closer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version