ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Raspberry Pi Zero -- $5.00

<< < (3/3)

Deozaan:
I found some with cords for more flexibility, but they're certainly not as sexy. Mind you, you can get them for $0.61 each. If saving that $0.19 is more important than sexiness. :P ;D-Renegade (December 01, 2015, 12:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

The cords probably make them a little less likely to break, too! :Thmbsup:

ewemoa:
The little converter looks quite nifty!  Though I wonder whether it or where it plugs into (either end) might suffer an ill fate before long...

I'd been using something that's got a cord, and it's been acting flaking recently (may be related to the cord?).  For a while it worked better if it and the phone were lying on a surface, but lately that's hasn't been working that well either.

I'm currently using one of those "OTG hub" things (it's got a few ports for things like SD, microSD, and some ordinary USB ports).  Not as compact as either of the other alternatives, but it's been ok so far.  Of course, it's got a cord too...

Don't know if it's possible, but it would sure be nice if one could charge the phone and use the peripherals at the same time using a "OTG hub" -- seems some of them have a switch that allow you to choose one or the other...

Renegade:
More on it:

A $5 computer.

Think back to when you were a kid.

Ath:
but I'm hoping that they pull a rabbit out of a hat, and it's an ethernet connector that should just be soldered on there...
-Ath (November 28, 2015, 04:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
Did some more investigation, but the chances some kind of ethernet connection is available is really slim/0. It doesn't even have USB-hub capability, so adding more than 1 USB apparatus requires adding an external USB hub, where a USB-Ethernet or -WiFi adapter can then also be connected. Well, that makes it, as expected, quite less useful except for really non-network projects. And the best local price I saw for a bare unit is €8,95, that's not really close to $5,- IMHO :huh:, and when adding converter-cables and a power supply it passes €25,-
Yep, I'm not very enthusiastic about this 'Zero' thingy :-\ maybe it's the name that says it all...

Renegade:
but I'm hoping that they pull a rabbit out of a hat, and it's an ethernet connector that should just be soldered on there...
-Ath (November 28, 2015, 04:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
Did some more investigation, but the chances some kind of ethernet connection is available is really slim/0. It doesn't even have USB-hub capability, so adding more than 1 USB apparatus requires adding an external USB hub, where a USB-Ethernet or -WiFi adapter can then also be connected. Well, that makes it, as expected, quite less useful except for really non-network projects. And the best local price I saw for a bare unit is €8,95, that's not really close to $5,- IMHO :huh:, and when adding converter-cables and a power supply it passes €25,-
Yep, I'm not very enthusiastic about this 'Zero' thingy :-\ maybe it's the name that says it all...
-Ath (December 06, 2015, 07:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've not tried any of these, but here are a few possibilities:

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-give-an-internet-access-to-Raspberry-Pi-Zer/?ALLSTEPS

How to give an internet access to Raspberry Pi Zero

Hello, we want to give an internet access to our unique Raspberry Pi family's new guest as called Pi Zero!

As you can see that there are no ethernet socket, USB ports, and embedded Wi-Fi antenna on our board Pi Zero, we need to give it a chance to surf on the internet. So, you've got a problem and I have got some solutions for this issue.

First of all, the solution is not the only one. I would like to show you some diagrams to solve your problem.
--- End quote ---

More at the link. 4 solutions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version