ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

AdGuard Premium Lifetime on sale at StackSocial.com

<< < (4/5) > >>

mwb1100:
Thing about these lifetime licenses is lifetime is how long the company will be in business and the length of time the product will be updated.  Look at AdMuncher, for instance. 
-Midnight Rambler (May 05, 2015, 09:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes that is true; that means when you purchase one of these you have to take into consideration the possibility that the company will cease to operate, renege on the deal, or even that you might decide to move on to some other software in the future.  $40 was small enough that I felt the risk was acceptable.

I did get some lifetime licenses on AdMuncher (on sale).  I'm not exactly sure if I got my 'money's worth', but I wouldn't say I'm upset.  I would be upset if they were still selling licenses, but devised some loophole such that my license wasn't eligible for updates.

On the whole, I'd say that across the set of lifetime licenses I've purchased, I'm happy with the value I've gotten.

Curt:
I am a little annoyed / disappointed with part of the way AdGuard is working: You enter a page, you start typing, you realize a feature is missing because of AdGuard, so you click their button to "add exception" - but then the page reloads!! Conclusion: If you use AdGuard (on Firefox), install Text Area Cache, Lazarus or similar.

Deozaan:
I try to sign up to take advantage of this offer, but when I click the big green "Sign Up" button, it just flashes  "processing..." for a split second and then goes back to saying "Sign Up."

Tried it in both Chrome and Firefox. Same results.

EDIT:
I tried it with IE and initially had the same results, but upon trying again, it worked. :Thmbsup:

Curt:

I try to sign up to take advantage of this offer, but when I click the big green "Sign Up" button, it just flashes  "processing..." for a split second and then goes back to saying "Sign Up."
-Deozaan (May 05, 2015, 03:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

-the page is most likely waiting for the popup offer ("5% OFF your first purchase when you subscribe to receive email updates") to execute, and your settings are probably preventing popups? Nothing dangerous will happen, so you might as well turn off the filter, and take the discount.

Deozaan:
I try to sign up to take advantage of this offer, but when I click the big green "Sign Up" button, it just flashes  "processing..." for a split second and then goes back to saying "Sign Up."
-Deozaan (May 05, 2015, 03:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
-the page is most likely waiting for the popup offer ("5% OFF your first purchase when you subscribe to receive email updates") to execute, and your settings are probably preventing popups? Nothing dangerous will happen, so you might as well turn off the filter, and take the discount.-Curt (May 05, 2015, 03:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think that was it. I had already filled out the popup offer and/or closed it before trying to create my account.

Either way, I got the account created. Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version