ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Ran a 10k race today.. any other runners here?

<< < (3/4) > >>

ayryq:
but it's also uniquely "compelling" in terms of scratching a primal itch in the way other exercises don't seem to do.
-mouser (April 26, 2015, 05:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think that may be because it's an all-weather sport. Part of the "fun" is going out, when it's 10 below or raining or icy or 100 degrees or so foggy you can't see. And proving you can talk yourself into putting your shoes on anyway.

Or like my run today (which was beautiful and sunny and 50 or so), in which I ran a square and somehow ran into the wind going all four directions. Someone is watching me and flipping a meteorological switch when I get to a corner.

phitsc:
For those of you with knee problems: maybe try what we call a 'Finnenbahn'. It's a running track on soft ground. Google Images for 'Finnenbahn' to see what they look like. They are quite common around where I live. I could imagine they exist in other places around the world as well.

DeVamp:
A bit late, but here I am.

I started couch to 5K in march.

Now I'm running 3 days a week between 5 and 7K
I hope to consistently keep running 3 times a week and be able to run 10K by the end of the year.

Since I mostly run late in the evening, I bought 2 of these : http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00N1SN7I0
A red one and a blue one. The red one goes on the back, the blue one diagonal on my chest.
They are great, very light (as in not heavy) and provide good enough light.

There are other that are cheaper, but mine have a great build.
And there is no price on security.

It should be able to run 36 hours with 1 charge.

ayryq:
A bit late, but here I am.

I started couch to 5K in march.

Now I'm running 3 days a week between 5 and 7K
-DeVamp (September 21, 2015, 03:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Awesome, keep at it. And remember to play the "long game" with regards to injury and burnout. Better to take a day off now than a decade off later.

Since I mostly run late in the evening, I bought 2 of these
-DeVamp (September 21, 2015, 03:09 AM)
--- End quote ---
Those are great for running in well-lighted areas, but if you find yourself away from streetlights I can recommend this rechargable headlamp which has a taillight built in as well. Looks like there's a newer version now which is cheaper.

Deozaan:
Those are great for running in well-lighted areas, but if you find yourself away from streetlights[...]
-ayryq (September 21, 2015, 06:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Huh? They are powered LED lights. Why would you need to be near streetlights for them to work well?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version