ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Ran a 10k race today.. any other runners here?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Stoic Joker:
I'd like to do more, but my ankles and knees don't like it much... but I think I need to work at it more before i hit 60 later this year.-x16wda (April 26, 2015, 09:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oof! That's a big one ... I hit 50 in January. I've got much the same knees and ankles are crap issue. I'm trying to figure out what to do about it before it gets to far ... Seems I was a bit hard on them in my younger days. I need to get back into yoga me thinks.

vrgrrl:
Whoa Mouser - that's great!!

And stoic joker -- i need to get back into yoga too -- my running days are long over due to back issues.

ayryq:
A friend got me into running around the world - the idea is that any distance is "around the world," just probably not at the equator.

Since I first started walking 2.5 years ago, and including today's run, I've traveled 866.33 miles, which means I (finally!) made it to 88° latitude. 87° here I come!

The formula, I think, is

--- --- = degrees(acos([miles]/24875.1309986))

mouser:
I'd like to do more, but my ankles and knees don't like it much...
--- End quote ---
running really does seem like just about the worst exercise for your bones and joints.. but it's also uniquely "compelling" in terms of scratching a primal itch in the way other exercises don't seem to do.

x16wda:
but it's also uniquely "compelling" in terms of scratching a primal itch in the way other exercises don't seem to do.
-mouser (April 26, 2015, 05:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

I agree - it seems a lot more "pure" than a lot of other sports. I did track, diving, and cross country in school, really enjoyed the cross country and tolerated the others! It was always a good mechanism for me to just "go", kindof back to basics.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version