ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

facebook tracing

<< < (3/3)

tomos:
I already looked at security and privacy (who knows what is the difference between them)
-kalos (April 25, 2015, 02:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

that's all I wanted to hear - I get frustrated when you (or anyone else) just keep asking questions without saying what you have done yourself to try and solve the problem.

:) And I wouldnt call that 'misbehaving' - I'd call it a bit of good advice:
if you want help - be helpful to those who are trying to help you - and that includes the above (i.e. telling what you have tried (or not); what you know yourself; etc. etc.)

edit// I meant did you follow up on any of the suggestions in the thread you linked to (and no, I didnt look very closely at them so have no idea if they're of any help - that's for you to figure out - but let us know)

kalos:
I didn't mention it because it was obvious that I refered to the settings and google

tomos:
Maybe I misunderstand that you half want to bring this to our attention, and half want a solution.

I'm sorry if I get impatient, but still think my advice is good.
For the second half (a possible solution) - did you connect to FB using a phone?
(If so what are the settings on the phone as per your thread?)

kalos:
yes, I connected via phone
but I don't remember if it was my web browser in my phone or facebook messenger
there is a setting in messenger for location, which I now disabled, but not sure if this was the case

and I still want to check others' location with such accuracy!
in the easy way that the question to facebook support, that I posted, mentions!

Deozaan:
If you use Facebook Messenger on your phone/mobile device, there's a setting in there to allow the Messenger to show your location to the people you chat with. It is enabled by default and uses your precise (GPS) location.

I don't know where/how to find that setting on the Facebook website in the browser, but if/when your browser requests access to your location, there should be a notification and you can just press disallow. (If you've previously allowed it, it probably remembers your choice and will continue to allow it in the future. In this case, go into your browser settings and remove Facebook from the allowed sites to access your location.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version