ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skrommel's Software

MoveOut: License? I want to extend it

(1/2) > >>

danielo515:
Hello,

I used MoveOut for some time, but due to it's limitations I ended up extending its functionality. Some of the things I added are:

* Comma separated list of values for included files (*.jp?g,*.png,*.gif)
* Relative path management
* Fixed some bugs like overwriting not working
* Added age to the list of rule's option, so you can move files based on last modification time
My plan is to create a forked program from it and release it as open source. But I would need to know MoveOut's license and I need original author agreement.

Thanks.

mouser:
Hopefully skrommel, the author will respond and, ideally, post a little statement about his apps in general.
Could you perhaps draft a short minimal suggested "license" for him, that he could adopt?

Having said that -- skrommel has never expressed anything but approval for people taking his source code and modifying it, and if your intention is to make an open source fork, I cannot fathom a scenario where skrommel would object to that for the MoveOut tool.

danielo515:
I'm not an expert on licenses. In fact I started to use them just some weeks ago. I usually use simplified BSD clause 3.

Regards

danielo515:
Sorry for bumping this, but I'm very interested.

Regards

tomos:
^ might be worth sending skrommel a PM

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version