ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Can I capture selected region in less steps?

(1/2) > >>

DRM317:
I capture a selected region using Shift + PrtScr frequently, and I use red box in region mode. I have it set to the dimensions I want, and I just drag it into position.

At that point I would like to avoid the capturing steps of (1) having to right click the bar at the top of the box, and (2) having to choose "Capture Object Now" from the drop-down menu. I have tried every hotkey suggested and anything else I can think of, but have not found a way to eliminate one or both of these time-wasting steps when I am ready to capture the region I've chosen.

I've attached an image of what I see on my screen when I have set up a selected region capture as described.

Any suggestions?

mouser:
Hit right ctrl key.

DRM317:
Hitting the right Ctrl key was the first thing I tried. The result is the same as a left Ctrl keypress. A black circle appears where the red box is and then shrinks - in steps - until it disappears. Could I unknowingly have some keyboard setting that is overriding the right Ctrl key function?

mouser:
It sounds like you have a feature enabled that "shows the location of cursor" when you hit Ctrl key alone.  It may be configurable in your mouse settings somewhere.  Anyone know where this setting is?
Try using Ctrl+MouseLeftClick (while cursor is inside the red box) to trigger the capture.

DRM317:
That worked! Thank you SO MUCH!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version