ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

New FARR user here, my view on some odd behaviours

(1/2) > >>

bertuslakkis:
Hey guys, I've used Launchy for over 4 years now but new bugs kept cropping up, like not being able to close it or crashes.
FARR has really impressed me so far, for example I love the regex support. I'm really glad I found it!
Although there are some shortcomings and/or possible bugs I've noticed:

There's only one undo level in the search bar, I'd like to have more as a default, something like 25 or even 50 (or optimally an amount that can be configured).

Ctrl + Shift + arrow keys doesn't select words, it just changes the position to the previous/next words, so it's ignoring the shift key in this case.

Ctrl + # to launch any numbered search results while FARR stays open doesn't work correctly for me:
when setting Window Options - Focus Preservation to
- Ignore, doesn't work because it focusses my Firefox window after launching, negates the stay-open functionality
- Always Maintain Focus, works
- Regain Focus Only After Launching Apps, doesn't work for firefox searches? (apps and regex matches are different probably?)
- Hide When Focus is Lost, doesn't work as it focusses the Firefox window after launching, negates the stay-open functionality
The problem seems to be related to always focussing the firefox window after a launch, no matter what hotkey combination is pressed.
My desired functionality is as follows:
setting Window Options -> Focus Preservation to Hide When Focus is Lost
pressing Alt + # to launch a search result, hides FARR, and focusses the associated application it launches
pressing Ctrl + # to launch a search result, leaves FARR open, and doesn't focus the associated application
Further information: I toggle FARR with the Alt+Space hotkey, and it auto selects any previous search text.

I installed the FCalc plugin for basic quick calculations.
Which has the annoyance that when I press enter to copy the result to clipboard, it automatically types the alias "fc " again in the textfield.
Is this something I can change via settings or can only the plugin author change behavior like that?

I hope I've explained things well enough.

Thanks in advance!

phitsc:
Concerning Ctrl + Shift not selecting words: this seems to be a deliberate choice and was also discussed here https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=27154.0 (a long time ago)

It still confuses me every now and then :huh:

Never noticed that FARR has undo though :)

mouser:
Oops i don't think it was a deliberate choice, just snuck past me.. I'll look into it again...

Welcome, bertuslakkis  :up:

I'll look into multiple level undo as well.  ps. a good useful tip is Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down to scroll through past search history (or type: historys).

fcalc: yeah i'm afraid that is part of fcalc to reset search to fc.

ok it sounds like i should be able to fix the stay open/focus issue by having ctrl+# behave as if "Always Maintain Focus" option is set, yeah?

bertuslakkis:
Hey mouser and phitsc, thanks for your answer, exactly what I wanted to hear!  8)

ok it sounds like i should be able to fix the stay open/focus issue by having ctrl+# behave as if "Always Maintain Focus" option is set, yeah?
-mouser (April 20, 2015, 10:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, this would be the perfect solution for me :Thmbsup:

mouser:
Ok I've attempted to add this, will be in next beta upload.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version