ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Ad blocking add-ons in Pale Moon 25

<< < (3/3)

f0dder:
TaoPhoenix: ABP certainly has "show acceptable ads", but as an option, and not hardcoded. I'm OK with that (it's optional, the ads are unobtrusive, and it might be good for the overall balance... I'm still using ABE, though). ABE is supposed to not have any of that :-s

Anyway, looking forward to µblock is ready for firefox... and oh, after a quick check just now, it seems that it's in preliminary stages.

Innuendo:
Just decided to check out Adblock Latitude and it is perfect. The "show acceptable ads" toggle has been removed, but....and I quote..."Can still show acceptable ads if you wish it and wish to support the Internet economy, by enabling the relevant filter (under subscriptions) manually."

Now the user can edit the filter and decide for oneself what is and is not an acceptable ad rather than using an all-or-nothing dummy toggle or having to worry about an unscrupulous company buying their way on to the acceptable ad list.

f0dder:
Just decided to check out Adblock Latitude and it is perfect. The "show acceptable ads" toggle has been removed, but....and I quote..."Can still show acceptable ads if you wish it and wish to support the Internet economy, by enabling the relevant filter (under subscriptions) manually."-Innuendo (April 18, 2015, 11:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
That's still the old AdBlock engine though, isn't it? The advantage of ublock is it's new engine with higher performance and lower memory footprint - not a mostly irrelevant "show acceptable ads" checkbox :-)

(ublock seems to work in Pale Moon, but doesn't show up on the toolbar... so you can't use the pick-and-block functionality, and will be limited to using existing filter files).

Innuendo:
Yes, still uses the same old Adblock engine. I have my eyes on ublock, but I'm waiting for full functionality to be available in Pale Moon before trying it out. Also would be nice for some of that ublock drama to die down as well.

f0dder:
Also would be nice for some of that ublock drama to die down as well.-Innuendo (April 19, 2015, 09:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, indeed :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version