ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Print large pictures on multiple pages

(1/4) > >>

jdd:
I have a need to print some of these things so I would like to offer DonationCoder credits in exchange.

Background:

Screenshot Captor does a great job of autoscrolling to capture long web pages.  The issue is that the images can be long and narrow, and when printed out as hard copy on a single page is completely illegible.

Challenge:

This may be an impossible task but……. Provide a method to print a hard copy of the captured autoscrolled image, or break the image into multiple images that can be printed.  (It’s all about printing image files of different “lengths”).

Reward:

a.) 91 Donation Credits for writing new code to create AutoscrollPrint, or

b.) 45 Donation Credits for identifying existing freeware that achieves the same goal

The best solution (may or may not be the first submittal) will be the winner

Bonus:

10% Bonus if a lame Haiku is not included with the winning entry

Other Requirements:
- The solution must be automated or semi-automated and work with images of different “lengths”. 

- Winning entry should include final output of the Test File as a pdf, or multiple images created from the Test File that are suitable for printing.

- The print out should be legible on standard letter or legal size paper.

- Anything that involves manual cropping is not acceptable.

Test File:
MyHomeisTheRoadCodyMug.png

IDEA: Print large pictures on multiple pages

mouser:
i hope the best solution has to be an existing freeware print image tool.. would be nice tool to find.

jdd:
Mouser,  I think I should have posted this in the Coding Snacks section.  Can you move it there?

mouser:
sure.

mouser:
just to summarize: i believe the request here is for a simple free program that can print big pictures by splitting them onto multiple pages.  sort of like a poster printer, but not for enlarging, more for automatically splitting overwise images.

so perhaps the way to think about this would be that one dimension of the image will be sized to fit the full width or height of a page, and the other dimension would span multiple pages.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version