ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

What are %SPECIALSYS_APPS% and %SPECIALSYS_DOCS%?

(1/1)

Brakels:
I'm new to FARR, and after installing for the first time, I opened up the Search Folders options and see these:

%SPECIALSYS_APPS%
%SPECIALSYS_DOCS%

Anyone know what they map to?
Related question: is there any way to give FARR a path and see how it gets resolved?

mouser:
These two are from a brand new feature, they both read REGISTRY entries which keep track of recently opened documents and launched files.
It turns out that the %SPECIALSYS_APPS% one is basically useless (at least for now), which is why it's disabled by default, since windows only seems to track recently launched INSTALLERS.. not something you'd often want to search for again.
But the %SPECIALSYS_DOCS% is useful list of recently opened documents.

You can disable these if you don't want them -- they  simply make it faster to find recently opened files.

Related question: is there any way to give FARR a path and see how it gets resolved?
--- End quote ---
hey that's a good idea! ill see if i can't add this as a feature somewhere.

Brakels:
Awesome, thanks!

mouser:
--- End quote ---

added, will be in next beta.

wjamoe:
it looks like %SPECIALSYS_DOCS% is mapped to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU\*

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU\exe

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU\pdf

etc for other extensions

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version