ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

So, what pdf reader app is your fav?

<< < (14/15) > >>

tomos:
Possibly vaguely related:

I tried PDFXchange a couple of years ago, and found no shortcuts for getting various views of a page. Adobe Reader isn't super in that direction, but does have

* Ctrl+1 for page width
* Ctrl+3 for content width (margins removed from view)
* Alt+LeftArrow for previous 'view'
* and still mainly supports mouse zoom: Ctrl+Spacebar[+Alt] Click and drag for zooming in and outIt no longer uses Ctrl+0 to show full page (edit// I may be wrong there but pretty sure they had that as the full-page view shortcut)

But, certainly in the past, none of the aternatives gave much keyboard support for view/zoom-level

ayryq:
Possibly vaguely related:

I tried PDFXchange a couple of years ago, and found no shortcuts for getting various views of a page. Adobe Reader isn't super in that direction, but does have

* Ctrl+1 for page width
* Ctrl+3 for content width (margins removed from view)
* Alt+LeftArrow for previous 'view'
* and still mainly supports mouse zoom: Ctrl+Spacebar[+Alt] Click and drag for zooming in and outIt no longer uses Ctrl+0 to show full page (edit// I may be wrong there but pretty sure they had that as the full-page view shortcut)

But, certainly in the past, none of the aternatives gave much keyboard support for view/zoom-level
-tomos (December 10, 2017, 06:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

PDF Xchange (viewer v2.5) has similar shortcuts
Ctrl-0 Actual Size
Ctrl-1 Fit Page
Ctrl-2 Fit Width
Alt-Right/Left next/previous view This is documented but doesn't work for me.

Additionally PDF-XChange allows custom keyboard shortcuts for every command in the program via the "Customize Toolbars" window including e.g. zoom levels

tomos:
^ good to know, thanks ayryq
(wasn't the case last time I tried it, but not sure how long ago that was...)

mrainey:
If all you're doing is reading and copy/paste, what kind of menu options are you going for?
--- End quote ---

The Foxit toolbar is pleasant to use and easy to customize.  It gives me one-click access to the following commands, with no searching required.  I use these commands frequently when reading, copying from, or printing pdf files.

Open File (Sumatra has on toolbar)

Text View Toggle

Text Select Toggle

Print File (Sumatra has on toolbar)

Text Rotate

Text Zoom (Sumatra has on toolbar)

I like the way Foxit works and looks.  Version 4.0 seems to be free of unwanted addons.  It's also quite fast.  Sumatra feels archaic and I can't think of a reason why I'd want to use it.

Curt:
Sumatra feels archaic and I can't think of a reason why I'd want to use it.-mrainey (December 10, 2017, 03:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, Sumatra is ugly and outdated and clumsy and stupid

Q: eh... how would you know, Curt, are you not using Tracker anymore?
A: No, now I am using Sumatra as my pdf reader.

How does one make the software author listen (and obey)? The Sumatra tabs having the same colour but not displaying the full document title, is STUPID! I am comparing document versions, but how am I supposed to be certain which version is which? It annoys me several times a week.

So why am I using Sumatra, then? It is very fast and very stable and has so far displayed all my pdf files without any problem. But it really cannot do anything, other than read, so now I am also using several other programs to handle my pdf files:

Nitro Pro, FlexiPdf 2017, PDF24, Debenu PDF Tools 2, Pdf Link Editor, Pdf Shaper Premium, Pdf To X, Weeny Free PDF Extractor, PDF picture Extractor, and various e-book managers and e-book readers are complementing Sumatra. Also, a very important PDF "CREATOR" to me is https://www.printfriendly.com/
------
re-Edited:
I don't understand Debenu PDF Tools' asking price for version 3. It could maybe be $50, absolutely not the current $500. Upgrade pricing from my version 2 begins at $42, but with almost no update period. I guess one has to actually read the "please note"...

Installed November 1'st 2017:
So, what pdf reader app is your fav?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version