ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

So, what pdf reader app is your fav?

<< < (10/15) > >>

dr_andus:
I have uBlock Origin in Chrome and can access the page fine. But I don't really get their claim of being the "only customizable PDF editor." Maybe I'm missing something, but their model looks pretty similar to the PDF XChange suite, where you also get incrementally more features as you pay more for the more premium products. In fact the free version of XChange Editor seems to do quite a bit of the paid features of PDF Architect (such as annotation, stamping, OCR, etc. etc.)

mahesh2k:
I've settled for Sumatra it can read CBR, PDF, Mobi and Epub. So I think that's more than what I want.  :Thmbsup:

superboyac:
for just reading: sumatra
for reading + some searching + other light stuff: pdf xchange
hardcore editing: bluebeam
printer driver only: bullzip

Curt:
can't reach the http://www.pdfforge.org/pdfarchitect page. Can you?-Curt (September 02, 2015, 11:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
no problems here... FF 40.0.3
Are you using ...-tomos (September 02, 2015, 11:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

^ life is weird. I first restarted Firefox (40.0.3) in Safe Mode and went to the bad links. The pages showed up nicely as they should, so the culprit must be one of my addons, I thought. On one hand I was annoyed; "oh, it can take so long time to isolate a malfunctioning extension", on the other hand I felt relieved that it was merely an addon and not my computer.

When my Firefix had been restarted in normal mode, I instinctively re-tested the links before disabling any addons. And now they worked just fine! To make sure, I ran CCleaner > Clean, and then visited the links again. They are now working just fine, and I have no idea why.

----------------------
----------------------

printer driver only: bullzip-superboyac (September 02, 2015, 03:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

^ thanks for reminding, superboyac, I had forgotten about bullzip.
I often dream about the company's Print to Word, but it's shameless expensive: $69+VAT=$86.25 http://www.bullzip.com/products/ptw/info.php

artkaye:
Just downloaded and tried Sumatra 3. The tabs  are welcome addition and the gray background is good. I have been using Sumatra for quite some time now and I like it even more with the improvements in version 3. Kudos to the developers. :) :) :) :) :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version